Technical Reference Links
On this page is listed sites which can be useful for many aspects of amateur radio. Everything from antenna homebrewing to installing a radio in your car. Please share the links you may find on the internet and would be of interest to fellow hams and send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post them here.
New to HAM radio? Just received your license. The ARRL has published a quick start guide to help you set up your first HAM shack. It can be found here.
AMATEUR RADIO CALENDARS
TRANSMIT / RECEIVE SOFTWARE
- DigiPan PSK Software Very stable, widely used.
- CW Skimmer CW Receiving program. Widely used.
- MMTTY RTTY TX/ RX software. Works very well. Widely used.
- MMVARI TX / RX of RTTY-PSK-FSK-MFSK modes.
- MMSSTV Slow scan TV TX / RX Software.
- HAMSCOPE Multi-Mode TX / RX Software. Good eham reviews.
- APRSPoint APRS Software
- Win APRS APRS Software
- WINTNC Windows Packet Software
- ECHOLINK Internet repeater and radio linking system
- IRLP Internet Radio Linking Project
RIG CONTROL SOFTWARE
General Amateur Information and News Websites
eham.net Great website with equipment reviews and amateur news.
QRZ Website with callsign lookup, amateur news and swapmeet area.
SMeter.net Nice website with lots of how to information and online receivers.
dxzone.com A wealth of information about everything in ham radio. Must see.
W1CW dx spots Webpage of live dx spots. Great to use when working the HF bands.
K0BG.com Website for mobile amateur radio operators. Information for everything mobile.
QSL.net Free website hosting for licensed amateurs. Email accounts and other services.
Online Radio and Electronic Museums
Technical Data For Building, Repair and Modification
West Virginia Amateur Radio On The Web